Our Family

Our Family

Da da da da da

Aaaa! Calvin said his first word this last Saturday!! I thought that he had to be older for some reason but it was crazy! I started crying! Of course it wasn't MAMA!!! Figures - I only gave birth to the kid ugh. Just kidding. I actually love that is was Dada!! He keeps saying it now. Adorable! SO cute! But yesterday he said Mummmm twice! (I didn't provoke him to so I am just assuming he knows it is me he he) Anyway so fun being a mummmm!!! =) I love it! Calvin is so sweet. He makes me laugh every day.

Well - some good slash bad news - We finally found out what the spots on Calvin's tummy were. (Hardly anyone has seen it before) We took him to a dermatologist. The nurse we saw had no clue what it was so she brought in 2 doctors who knew exactly what it was (what a blessing)... It is a disease called Urticaria Pigmentosa. It is really rare but it is basically like Poison Ivy (except it didn't come from an allergy to anything... just something his body was born doing I guess) It isn't contagious so no worries. He will have it for a minimum of 3 years. I guess 90% of these cases - the child gets over the disease by the time he hits puberty. It shouldn't bother him too bad... he is just itchy all the time which is why he doesn't sleep at night and why he wants to eat so much ha ha. Such a big boy! There are just certain things I have to do to keep it under control... other than that he is a normal healthy boy! Yay!

3 comments:

Chris and Kristy said...

It's moments like this that make the world stop! Being a parent is the most amazing thing we've ever experienced. Such blessings!

Mindy said...

I am so glad they were able to figure out what it was. I hope he will sleep better for you soon.

Sunderhaus Family said...

Oh geeeze you freaked me out! Well that's not so bad is it? Anna has eczema and it sounds like it basically has the same stuff you have to do to treat it. Its more annoying than anything else...for her and for us.


SO EXCITED by the way!

Me and Daddy

Me and Daddy

Fun!

Fun!